Postgraduate Research Fellow in Limerick Institute of Technology focusing on suicide.
In 2016 I co-founded a suicide intervention organisation, Community Crisis Response Team. I currently manage the day to day operations of the organisation. I’m also an active QPR instructor – I teach people about suicide, how to prevent it and how to intervene in suicide situations.
- SCI Award for Academic Excellence
- LIT Research Fellow Scholarship recipient
- SUI Award for outstanding activism in mental health
- Graduated with honours – 1:1 BA (Hons)
My current research focuses on suicide. Specifically exploring and analysing data from pro-suicide websites.
My research gives me the opportunity to explore many topics that I find fascinating. Topics such as cybersuicide, suicide pacts, suicide contagion, suicide methods, suicide tourism, death & dying, dark tourism and much more.
- Presented at the International Conference on the Social Context of Death, Dying and Disposal: Diversity and Decolonisation September 2021. Presentation entitled – Apart in Life but Together in Death – A Content Analysis of Suicide Methods Chosen by People seeking Suicide Partners Online.
- Presented at the Shannon Region Postgraduate Conference in May 2021. Presentation entitled – Final Journeys, Beachy Head and Suicide.
- Presented at the Sociological Association of Ireland’s PG Annual Conference in February 2021. Presentation entitled – Apart in Life but Together in Death – A content analysis of suicide methods chosen by people who are seeking suicide partners online.